The University of Kentucky's Kappa Chapter of Phi Kappa Tau was founded on November 6th, 1920. The chapter was founded by 20 charter members. The Kappa House was located on Broadway in Lexington along side several other of the University of Kentucky's early 20th century fraternities. The Kappa Chapter relocated its chapter house to the campus of the University of Kentucky where the William T. Young library exists today. When plans were made to construct the William T. Young library, the Kappa Chapter purchased a house on Lexington Avenue near UK's campus. John Muncey donated the house and grounds to the Kappa Chapter. The University of Kentucky has envisioned a new fraternity cluster along Rose Avenue. The Kappa Chapter will construct a new chapter house on the University of Kentucky's campus in the next few years.